Mr. Griffith has been a leader in the South Carolina legal community since 1992, when he and Nancy Sadler formed the firm of Griffith and Sadler, P.A., a predecessor to the current Griffith, Freeman & Liipfert, LLC.
Mr. Griffith has an active trial practice and has tried cases in all counties within the 14th Judicial Circuit, as well as other counties in the state courts of South Carolina and the U.S. Federal District Court for South Carolina.
He is active in the state and local bar associations, and served as president of the Beaufort Bar Association from 1997 to 1999.
Mr. Griffith is a Certified Mediator in accordance with the South Carolina Supreme Court’s Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification. His mediation practice extends to Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Beaufort, Charleston, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper counties. He has been certified since 2004.
Following law school, he worked as a judicial clerkship for the honorable Luke N. Brown, Jr., resident judge for the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit before entering private practice in 1985.
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth District
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1983
- Wofford College, Bachelor of Arts, Accounting, 1980, cum laude
- Beaufort County Bar Association, president 1997-99
- South Carolina Bar Trial and Appellate Advocacy Section, chair from 2002-03
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association Executive Committee, 2004-present
- Defense Research Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates
International Association of Defense Counsel
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer, 2011-2021
Griffith Sharp & Liipfert, LLC [now known as Griffith, Freeman & Liipfert, LLC] attorney E. Mitchell Griffith has been named 2012 South Carolina Super Lawyers. The annual selections are made using a rigorous multi-phased process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, and an independent research evaluation of each nominee’s background and experience. The designation […]
The law offices of Griffith, Sadler & Sharp, P.A. [now known as Griffith, Freeman & Liipfert, LLC] are honored to be chosen as a Martindale Hubbell AV rated firm. Our firm prides itself on the virtues of honesty, compassion, and excellence in relation to the work we have done for countless clients. As an AV […]