Kelly Dean joined the firm after graduating from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2007. She is currently the managing member of the firm.
Ms. Dean handles a majority of the firm’s automobile accident cases, and has tried a number of cases throughout the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit. Ms. Dean also practices in the areas of premises liability and governmental defense, and utilizes her trial experience to serve as local counsel to national law firms in complex litigation cases.
Ms. Dean is active in the local legal community, having served on the Executive Committee for the Beaufort County Bar Association as Secretary (2017), Treasurer (2018), Vice President (2019), and President (2020). She currently serves on the Board of Trustees for Lowcountry Legal Volunteers. Ms. Dean has also served on committees for the South Carolina Women Lawyers Association and the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association.
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Served as managing editor of the South Carolina Journal of International Law and Business
- College of Charleston, Bachelor of Arts, English
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
Kelly D. Dean, an attorney with the firm since 2007, has become the firm’s newest member of Griffith, Sharp & Liipfert, LLC [now known as Griffith, Freeman & Liipfert, LLC]. “I am honored to become a member of the firm,” said Dean. “I look forward to continuing my work with a firm that is committed […]
The law offices of Griffith, Sadler & Sharp, P.A. [now known as Griffith, Freeman & Liipfert, LLC] are honored to be chosen as a Martindale Hubbell AV rated firm. Our firm prides itself on the virtues of honesty, compassion, and excellence in relation to the work we have done for countless clients. As an AV […]