Michael D. Freeman
Mike Freeman concentrates his practice primarily on insurance defense, including construction litigation and construction defects across South Carolina.
He has defended a variety of contractors and building product manufacturers in disputes involving moisture intrusion and faulty building components, windows, siding, Tyvek®, stucco, roofing and sealants.
When construction professionals, including architects and engineers, are a party to professional liability disputes, Mr. Freeman works aggressively to defend their reputation and work product.
Mike also maintains a busy general litigation practice in a wide range of disputes including governmental defense, auto torts, premises liability and personal injury. In addition to litigation, Mike provides insurance carriers with coverage opinions on a variety of legal issues.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Freeman is a certified Civil Court Mediator, and has successfully mediated cases throughout the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit.
- South Carolina Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2003
- Clemson University, Bachelor of Arts, 2000
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators
- Martindale- Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
Martindale Hubbell AV Rated Firm
The law offices of Griffith, Sadler & Sharp, P.A. [now known as Griffith, Freeman & Liipfert, LLC] are honored to be chosen as a Martindale Hubbell AV rated firm. Our firm prides itself on the virtues of honesty, compassion, and excellence in relation to the work we have done for countless clients. As an AV […]